Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 10:12:38 AM EDT
My far lense cover loss spring tension a couple of days ago and I really don't know why...  it appears that whatever holds the spring in place inside of the cover has came loose and now it doesn't do anything...

have any of you successfully fix this problem?  does something just need to be put back in a recess or does it need reglued?  Its inside of the cover so any manipulation will be hard...  should i just get a new cover?

who do i go through?  aimpoint or buttler creek?  whats the turn around time from aimpoint to get a new cover?

Is taking off the cover as simple as pulling it off?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Is taking off the cover as simple as pulling it off?

Thanks!

yes
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I had the rear one go out on me a while back, is this a common occurrence?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had the rear one go out on me a while back, is this a common occurrence?

i don't know but it is anoying... not a big deal but you buy a heck of a quality optic and it gets lens covers that are for woosy hunting rifle scopes...

maybe acog has it right when they just said to heck with lens covers.. i like the ablility to close the far one though.. to OEM it... i wish the rear one would have went out on me..

have you replaced it yet STLRN?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes Midway has/had the OEM ones in stock
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem.  I replaced mine with one of the clear covers from Butler Creek.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
This happens a lot. There's a few things you can do.

1. If your spring is still intact you can pop the metal rod out that goes through the caps and the spring and reinstall it properly.

2. If the spring is broken and you have spare (spring loaded) scope cap lying around you can just switch the spring into your aimpoint cap. Or if you have a local store that you can buy a cheap spring loaded scope cap from replace it from that. This is assuming you don't want to wait to mail order one.

3. Mail order a replacement.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#7]
mine had no spring tension when i got it from a dealer in town and didnt pay attention to it,

what i did was push the rod through which seperates the cover in two and redid the spring.

works perfect now. what was wrong with mine was the little slot that holds the spring tore so i just bent the spring so it will sit on another spot.

im not really good at explaining it but when you take it apart youll eventually see what i mean

sorry
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top