Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 7:35:53 AM EDT
The gap between my flat-top upper and Daniel Defense forend, that is...

I really want an EOThingy, but I remember how much I did NOT like the height of my OKO red dot until I got the SC4 mount to go with it.  Too much irons in the picture.  

But I also don't like being slaved into a particular companion product if I don't want it... meaning the Larue EO mount only works with the Larue BUIS.  UNLESS you have the option to mount the Larue mount (redundant, ain't it) farther forward.  So I'd like to mount it with the front on the DD, and the rear on the upper, leaving me plenty of room for my BUIS of choice (whatever that may finally be).

I know if I had waited for the Troy forend, I wouldn't have to ask, but since I have a DD (which I really do like) then I don't know...

Anybody with a DD forend and a Larue EOthingy mount who can try it out and let me know?

Of course, another option (and I know I'm not the first to say this) is if Larue offered an EO mount WITHOUT the extra mount for the magnified optic... You know, a shorter one just long enough for the EOTech...  That would give us more options for mounting farther forward, or backward, etc and it wouldn't take up the entire upper receiver in the process.

Thanks

Edited to add:  I said "mount" 9 times... nope, that's 10....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
If the fixed front sight bothers you that much, have you considered removing your fixed front sight and replacing it with a flip-up sight?  YHM makes one and it costs less than $75.  Just an idea..

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top