Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 10:13:23 PM EDT
I am looking to mount an Aimpoint 5000 on an ARMS 39A2.  What height rings do I need to put my iron sights 1/3 down?

Any recommendations?  I would prefer to keep it on the cheaper side, since someday the 5000 will be replaced by an ML2.  I know, get a flat-top.  That will have to come later.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi Chuck,

That #39 plus is just what I think I am going to get and put on my M16A2.
Question, the aimpoint looks highter than your irons? How do you have your aimpoint in contrast to the irons? Is the dot on the front post?

Thanks,
Dan
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I like simple.  I'm pretty happy with my BM A1 upper, and I can't afford an ML2 right now.  So what I need is a pair of rings to mount my old 5000 on the ARMS 39A2.   Would the Leupold PRW high rings be tall enough to put my irons in the bottom third of the sight?

Could I use just a single ring on the 5000?  That seems like a bad idea to me.

Chuck, what is the height from the top of the rail to the bottom of the scope?  That will help me try to find some rings.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top