Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 11:03:19 AM EDT
This isn't for my AR, but I need some help.

A few years ago, I bought a fairly inexpensive NV monocular (Moonlight Safari). It has a self-energizing system that requires no batteries. You squeeze a handle, and I think it creates static electricity that energizes the photon screen (or whatever it is). It worked well the few times I used it, but then I stuck it in the closet for a couple of years, and never used it. Now it will not work at all. even after squeezing the handle 70 times, nothing. Zip, zero, nada.

I think Moonlight is out of business (at least I cant find their info anywhere). Can someone help me? I'd like to get this thing working again (its probably not worth fixing if it will be costly).

Thanks,

Adrian
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#1]
unless you are emotionaly attatched to it it would cost twice the amount to fix it than to buy a piece that is new. You can check our website...WWW.USAOPTICS.NET we carry full lines from 3 major manufacturers. To place a new tube in an old body would cost around $700. I would advise you to look at ATN and Rigel Optics for first gen and YUKON too.

I have a totally waterproof unit for $229 and you can see 150yrds, BUT If you are looking for a GOOD but INEXPENSIVE UNIT we could help you out. Thanks for your time

Richard Augat,
USAOPTICS
WWW.USAOPTICS.NET
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help.. I think I'm just going to go with something new. When my checkbook allows me, i'll be sure to check you guys out.

Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top