Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 11:31:05 PM EDT
A guy I know recently traded me a rear sight, but I'm not sure what brand it is.  It mounts on the rail and is tightened with an allen wrench.  Has an A2 style windage adjustment knob on the right side.  The aperture is flip up, similar to the KAC kind, and the peep hole is not removable or adjustable.  It has a lever on the left side for elevation adjustments, marked in 200, 300, a line, then 400-600 in 50m increments.  On the bottom I think it says matech.  

Any help?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
matech
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
If its what I am thinking of, its a semi rare military piece. I forget the name. It was pretty expensive, IIRC. Can you get a pic?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks lumpy, that would be it.  I will try to get a pic up sometime of the sight.  Pretty good trade considering he didn't even want anything in return but I felt bad so i gave him a set of BDU bottoms  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
sorry, I sort of thought you were kiddin' - you listed about everything there is to know about the sight, including the name of it...

But, here is a link to look at, the Matech is a mil contract sight and they do not like them ending up elsewhere from what I have heard from them... they do get out in small batches and you will see them at show around now and then. Parts are hard to find.

I have seen them go for as much as a buck fifty a piece to a bag full of about a half dozen (used) go for a bill even.

HIH
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have seen them move at $300 per.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for the lack of knowledge on my part, I had just never heard of matech.  Yes, that picture is the same one that I have.  Guess I just got really lucky!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top