Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 9:42:20 PM EDT
I have the option of purchasing a TA50-6 (amber circle) 3x24 compact acog online.  I have never used one or even handled the compact serries and the only ACOG I have handled is a ta31 at a store that I was very impressed by.  I have heard lots of info on the full sized ACOG's like the ta31 ta01 and ta11 but virtually nothing on the compact series.  Another thing is that it is 3x magnificaiton which is the most for the compact series.  I did look at the views through on on the bookmarked tagged thread at the top of the page.  I would use this for a general purpose optic, kind of a do it all setup.  I use my M4 for coyote hunting mostly and it has an eotech on it right now.  So I ask of those of you with experience with this optic what are your impressions of it, and how much should I expect to pay for it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have owned a TA50(Red Triangle) but sold it and regretted the sale.  Fortunately, I recently picked up a TA50(Amber Triangle), Thanks Gary!

Love the optic.  The Triangle reticle is large enough for fast acquistion in CQB situations, yet precise for shot placement at longer distance.  Better for range estimation too!

Not sure if the 3x Circle reticle will afford that kind of shot placement at longer distances since there is really no defined aiming point.  CQB situations it should work expectionally.  YMMV
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a TA50-6 Amber Dot and really enjoy shooting with it.
Eye relief is not so bad either with it being mounted in the ARMS 19s just in front of an ARMS #40.
Some folks do not favor the amber color. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:57:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the 3x amber cross hair mounted on my HK91. I all most did not buy it but it was NIB for $400.00. Now I would not sell it for twice what I paid for it. I love this combination.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top