Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 5:26:17 AM EDT
What do you think?  Is this something you thought would be a good idea, tried, and then hated it?

Any opinions on the following for a front sight?

XS Sight Systems:

Trijicon:

Innovative Weaponry:
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:49:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon.  Front sight only.  I currently have an Aimpoint and the Trijicon, but will be moving the Aimpoint to another build.  For an irons-only carbine, I think the Trijicon FSP is mandatory.  Trijicon has a great rep and is a US (Michigan) company.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you and Thank you.

(ETA - Brownells is currnetly out of the Trij front, asked them to e-mail when they get some more.)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesnt XS have a new front sight that isnt the big dot but is a large vertical vial of tritium?  Would that be as bright as the big dot and maybe better at longer range.  Neil is this sight any good?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Doesnt XS have a new front sight that isnt the big dot but is a large vertical vial of tritium?  Would that be as bright as the big dot and maybe better at longer range.  Neil is this sight any good?

Your talking about the AE 24/7 shorter white line than the white line sight and a tritium insert but not the full length of the white line.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The Trijicon sight looks interesting. With the standard sight, you turn it to one of four squared sides. But on the Trijicon, its one on one side. I'm not familiar with the design but does it have a separate adjust ment to get to tritium facing the rear sight once the sight is at the proper height??? Or are you stuck with half turn adjustments only?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I have owned both the trijicon and the XS but I prefer the XS.  I thought the trijicon was a little flimsy with its 2 part design and the dot is too small.  The XS has a larger dot and is one piece, much sturdier.  the downside is that is less adjustable in that the dot must be facing forward so when adjusting the POI, you have to move the sight a full revolution at a time - still I managed to get the POI very close to what I wanted.  Do NOT get a tritium rear, the dots are too close to your eye, with the proper cheekweld you don't need tritium rear anyway.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:18:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Any reliable seller or site that sells the XS Sight System? Or buy direct? The XS 24/7 sight looks cool. does anyone have any experience with one?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#10]
These sights seem to be cheaper at the source:
XS Sight Systems

Bushmaster has this new thing for sale:

Williams Gun Sight
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
These sights seem to be cheaper at the source:
XS Sight Systems

Bushmaster has this new thing for sale:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/9349054fsb-wfs.jpg
Williams Gun Sight

interesting. So the XS has your do a full turns only to sight in your gun? Not very precise unless you gonna use rear eleavation to help you out.

That one from Bushmaster looks interesting. Anywhere to find detail info on it? Looks to use the fiber optic like the MSP Sightlink front sight i currently have.

Quick question, with all these sights, the dot is to attract your eye to the front sight but you are to use the tip of the sight to actually sight and shoot ..not the actual dot itself, right? I am new to front dot sights.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top