Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 7:05:10 PM EDT
I'm planning on getting an Aimpoint comp M2 for my flattop.

I want it, if at all possible, for the Aimpoint to be co-registered
with the BUIS, which is a GG&G MAD flip-up.

I've been happy with GG&G products in the past and absent
some compelling feature on some other brand I'll probably
stick with that.

Any suggestions on which GG&G mount to get, or an argument
for another mount?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never used the GG&G so I can't specifically argue against it.  What I can argue for though is the La Rue QD mount.  This is one serious piece of gear.  Built like a tank, reliable return to zero, adjustability for rail standard idiosynchrosies and just a damn fine looking piece of hardware.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I used the GG&G standard mout for a good while.  It'not bad at all.  

It has two MAJOR problems though.

#1 It needs a rail underneath it to allow for proper co-witness.
#2 It is excessivley costly.

You would have to get one of their FIRE rails to mount on your flattop, then put your Aimpoint mount on it.  So you have just spent $240, plus a little for S&H.

OR

You could spend $115 for a LaRue standard Aimpoint mount.  It is well-built, light-weight, and cost-effective.  It gives you an adjustable throw-lever with no shift in POI if removed and re-mounted.

It's your money, but there are better options out there than the GG&G mount for running an AImpoint on your flattop.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Larue.  They seem to be the best bang for ANY amount of bucks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm. Very interesting. The LaRue does look bombproof.

Thanks, guys!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#5]
If you mount an Aimpoint M2 on this, GG&G Standard Aimpoint Comp M Ring, on top of an ARMS 39 A2 Plus gooseneck, does it clear the front sights on a Colt Carbine?

Thanks.

Robert
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top