Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 6:09:05 PM EDT
I just dug out my old Gamo Young Hunter from the attic. The thing still works well, and I'm pulling off easy 60-70 yard shots on a man sized target. Nothing spectacular, but with optics, I'm convinced I can tighten my groups like I used to be able to do.

The problem, is that I want to stretch the boundaries a little bit. I want to see if I can make it out to 90+ yards on a man sized target - the biggest hinderance, is that most air rifle scope do not have enough elevation to allow for this, and I can't find a tapered base.

Another problem, is that of every mount I've used ( not many ), this little ol' gun kicks them off the rails like nothing. NOTHING can stop the damn things from moving. Are the new scope rings from Gamo worth looking into? Do they make any one-piece bases that will mount onto the 11mm rails?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Beeman makes a couple of 1 piece scope base and they have scope stops
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think they will fit on Gamo rails - not the grooved reciever variants. Am I wrong in my assumption?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
not sure, have you tried it out or checked their website. Pretty sure if you call them they can find something to fit
I have this one on my RWS, very solid
straightshooters.com
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright, thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top