Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 1:10:19 PM EDT
Was watching one of those gun shooting shows yesterday, I think it was Shooting USA, the one put out by Guns-n-Ammo mag. Well anyway they were showing the three-gun National Championships.  One of the competitors had mounted a sight on the side of the front of his handgrip of his AR.  It looked like somekinda reflex sight.  Does anybody know specifically what make and model this sight was?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Oops, it wasen't the side of his handgrip, it was the side of his fore-arm stock, up by the barrel.  Sorry for the confusion.  He therefore had to can't the gun in order to sight the gun through this sight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
WHy would one want to do that???  ghetto-fabulousness??
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no interest in doing that particular type of mounting technique, I was just wondering what type of sight that it was.  I merely chose the example because it was unique; and that such a weird and odd type of mounting technique might trigger someone's memory about what type of sight it was.  Again I am ONLY interested in what specific type of make and model of sight that it was.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Might have been a little Optima. I've seen a lot of the racer guys mount them there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The reason for  mounting the sight on the side of ones fore-grip is that you install a long range magnified scope on the top of you rifle use for long range shots, for the close run and gun 75yrds and closer you use the red-dot by twisting the rifle. I personally don't use this method but have seen it used by a few competators. Sorry can't help you with the identifaction of the perticular scope on the show. I also saw a device at the Las Vegas SHOTshow that allowed the rifle to be twisted forward of the stock, but the stock stayed verticle in your should, basically a pivot that went between the stock and receiver. I'll try to dig up some paperwork I got from the guy and post some info.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
How about this one, sounds like the same thing: JP-SRTS

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top