Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2004 12:38:52 PM EDT
This is an expensive chunk of hardwear and I was wondering how many board members had taken the plunge on this purchase? Also what are you all carrying these things in if your not using them? I saw a small molded plastic case for the 14 but alas I have lost the link for them. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This is an expensive chunk of hardwear and I was wondering how many board members had taken the plunge on this purchase? Also what are you all carrying these things in if your not using them? I saw a small molded plastic case for the 14 but alas I have lost the link for them. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

IPSC_GUY

Don't have the PVS-14 (yet) but Tactical Tailor makes a plastic hard case.  

www.tacticaltailor.com/products/modular_pouches/pvs14_case/
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be mistaken, but, I think the hardcase @ Lightfighter is from Blade Tech. I do know Blade Tech makes a PVS14 case that looks exactly like the one on Lightfighter's website:

Blade Tech AN/PVS-14 case
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one (PVS-14)....

Just keep it in an outer pocket on a small backpack, with the demnist cover on the lens, they are pretty durable.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Me me me me!  Oh wait, I bought it from you, hehe.
It stays on the rifle, and goes into the case with it.  Was thinking about getting the Tactical Taylor one, but the case you gave me works just fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The BladeTech pouch is the heat. Best hard case on the market for the 14, without a doubt.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive got one, I just keep it in the bag it came in. I figure I used one of those bag for years in the Marines for PVS7bs it will work for me in real life for my PVS14.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
... Interesting post. On a somewhat related issue; I never have liked packing my AN/PVS-7B on trips. Seemed too susceptible to damage. I’ve decided to buy the right-sized Pelican® case and custom cut foam inserts for the goggles and accessories. Rigid, hermetically sealed, waterproof and a lot cheaper than replacing a tube.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got one ,need a weapons mount and a hard case for it soon
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got a PRI PVS14 mount, so the one I got from IPSC_Guy is available if you wanna buy it
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Litton PVS14 Delta spec.

It comes with a factory nylon soft case but I store it in a custom fit Pelican 1200 case with other related gadgets together.

Factory hard case is nice also. It is made by SKB Corporation:

www.skbcases.com/home/index.html
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been running a PVS 14 for some time now. I use it head, helmet, and weapon mounted with good success.

A small  pelican case protects it from damage in the cab of the truck generally.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Duffy how much you want for the mount?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#15]
one unit is in my hands.

PP out
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:25:12 AM EDT
[#16]
One unit will be in my hands next week....I own a mini PVS-14 as well.

Vic
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:28:37 AM EDT
[#18]
With all these attempts to replace the PVS 14 coming down the pike I think I am going to Stick with the 14 as a primary monocular platform. I have been wanting a pair of 7B/Ds for general viewing but have not been able to scrape up enough working parts. I am now going to turn my attention to building a set of the dual tube ANVIS googles. Don't get me wrong I think the 14 is truly the cats MEOW in night vision. The MUM mentioned above is even better albeit way out of my budget at the moment but it is even better than a 14. I went form using a PVS 4 to a PVS 14 and and Aimpoint / ACOG and I can't be happier. However I want something I can look through with both eyes for extended periods of time and I think a set of ANVIS googles might be the ticket.

IPSC_GUY
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top