Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:37:07 PM EDT
Im recanting my stance on fixed BUIS's such as LMT and Cut Carry handle.  I prefer them, but if your going to be using a set of PVS 7B's a KAC 300m works much better.  Until such time as I can come up with a PAC 4C Im going back to a folding BUIS.

(And I know yall were totally waiting for that with baited breath LOL)

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]

(And I know yall were totally waiting for that with baited breath LOL)

Phew!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
neener neener neener
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
neener neener neener

Well at least now I know what im going to put on the left hand rail of my "Lighweight Modular Carbine"  Unless I can find a combo IR laser M203 leaft sight
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
neener neener neener

Well at least now I know what im going to put on the left hand rail of my "Lighweight Modular Carbine"  Unless I can find a combo IR laser M203 leaft sight

You, sir, suck.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#5]
7B

I honestly feel sorry for those with the cyclops vision as any nightfiring trying to use the weapon sights is extremely awkward.

I am using a LMT rear with my EOThing 552 - running my PVS-14 left eye.  But nothing will compare to a PAC/PEQ for short rnage engagements.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it's just me... but I never understood the fixed BUIS. I don't like anything in my field of view, and i've tried My ARMS 40 in the up position, and I have seen where it could momentarily block the Aimpoint dot. My Theory has always been that if the Main sight fails at close range, you use the Electric sight (M2,EO,Tech.etc.) as a big ole ghost ring and engage, and if it fails at a longer distance, your gonna have the 2 seconds it takes to pop the lever and let it spring up.
but if you don't like that theory, you could leave it in the upright position all the time.

It's like having a fixed carry handle upper over a flatop, the flat top gives you the best of both worlds, while the fixed only gets you one world as an option.

Just my Humble $.2 peso's
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Maybe it's just me... but I never understood the fixed BUIS. I don't like anything in my field of view, and i've tried My ARMS 40 in the up position, and I have seen where it could momentarily block the Aimpoint dot. My Theory has always been that if the Main sight fails at close range, you use the Electric sight (M2,EO,Tech.etc.) as a big ole ghost ring and engage, and if it fails at a longer distance, your gonna have the 2 seconds it takes to pop the lever and let it spring up.
but if you don't like that theory, you could leave it in the upright position all the time.

It's like having a fixed carry handle upper over a flatop, the flat top gives you the best of both worlds, while the fixed only gets you one world as an option.

I agree...hence the neener neener neener referenced above
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess it depends on what you are using the carbine for...

Our "tactical" weapons have flip-up BUIS, but also mostly run PACs or PEQs. We aren't blessed with PVS-14s as of yet, and are running PVS-7Bs and PVS-7As. It is tough to line up the single tube on those with the EOTech or Aimpoint, I have found at least.

The Patrol Carbines have fixed BUIS, on the theory that they are coming straight out of the rack and into action, and the user may not have time to turn the EOTech on, adjust the settings, or may suddenly discover that the batteries are dead (I know that the operator should be more "squared-away" and should check that at the start of every shift, but you really have to "grunt proof" these things). Those still have NV-compatible EOTechs, but that is only a function of logistics simplicity, namely, buying one kind of sight, and these are never intended to be used with NVGs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That may work at very, very close range, but remember that the irons sit in the lower third of the Aimpoint so if you use it as a big, ol' ghostring, you'll be shooting over people's heads when you center the front sight in the Aimpoint window.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That may work at very, very close range, but remember that the irons sit in the lower third of the Aimpoint so if you use it as a big, ol' ghostring, you'll be shooting over people's heads when you center the front sight in the Aimpoint window.

That would probably happen with the BUIS up anyway.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top