Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 3:14:39 AM EDT
I pretty much have my mind set on one of these scopes with illuminated mil dot and M1 turrets.  While the LR/T series are nice scopes, I don't feel the extra size is desireable for me particularly for an AR style rifle.  The AR I want to mount it on has a KAC FF long RAS.

Is there any reason to go without the illuminated reticle?  I like the idea of having it to aid in low light conditions.

Is there any reason to get the M3 turrets instead?  I prefer the lower profile of the M3 but like the finer prescision of the M1.

In the area I live in, most of my shooting is confined to 100 yards max, with occassional access to a 200 yard range.

Also, as much as I like Larue products, what about the ARMS equivalent?  I have used ARMS products and have no issues with them either.  Does the Larue cantilver put the MR/T too far forward?  I recall this was a good solution for the LR/T but don't know if this is good with an MR/T.

TIA
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
bump, 'cause this guy is asking good questions...

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the LaRue is better suited to the Leupold LR/T, but it could be made to work with an MR/T also.  I think it is hard to beat the ARMS #22 high ring setup used on the SPRs.  This allows mounting on the receiver alone and gives very good eye relief.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#4]
ARMS #22 high or ARMS #35

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:49:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Is there any reason to go without the illuminated reticle?  I like the idea of having it to aid in low light conditions.

Is there any reason to get the M3 turrets instead?  I prefer the lower profile of the M3 but like the finer prescision of the M1

I too would be interested in answers to these questions.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The big reason I like the illuminated reticle is real not because its illumination even though it is nice to have.  I like it because it is a glass reticle not wire.  The non-illuminated reticles are wire.

The M1 is nice to have for fine tune shooting.  For shooting 100 to 300 a scope with ¼ MOA clicks would be my first choice.  For a rifle setup to be a counter sniper or tactical mid range rifle I would want ½ to 1 MOA turrets w/ BDC info calibrated to the round (M3 is MR/T is calibrated for 69gr 223 w/ 1MOA), or a Drop compensator reticle calibrated to the round I’m shooting.

Now this is useful information I did not get from their website.

Looks like this will be the one: www.leupold.com/products/tactical_products/Mark_4_3-9x36mm_MRT_M3_IR.htm
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]
You may want to consider these rings also. These are the one's I'm going with on my Leupold. Just an idea.
laruetactical.com/marketplace/servlet/Marketplaces?webEvent(ProductDetailAddPage,loadProduct)&productID=1853&scrollTop=765
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top