Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 11:17:18 AM EDT
Has anyone ever used any of the fold down sights on a side fore-end rail?  I'm looking at this option on my AR build, as it will be a dedicated coyote rifle.  My reasoning behind this train of thought is to provide both a scope (for long range shooting) and open sights (for short range running shots).  This would allow me to simply rotate the rifle to have the use of the open sights when the situation arises.  If you've ever tried keeping a yote in your scope when inside 100yds running full bore on a crossing pattern, you'll know what I'm getting at.  

Unfortunately, with this being my first AR build I'm not familiar with the various folding sights available, and if they would work in a situation such as this.  Would the mounting height being the same cause problems, and would I run into problems with them being so close together (and the rear so far from my eye)?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#1]
side mounted irons, think closer.  like 30 yds.

if your closest shot is 100 i would go 3-9 at 40mm.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
JP makes something that might accomplish what you're describing. I haven't tried them, but noticed them while on the JP website.

Check it out:

www.jprifles.com/DetachableSights.shtml
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top