Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 12:25:45 PM EDT
I dont mean tough as compared to an ACOG but rather a scope of it's class, like Leupold or US Optics.  

Don't those vertical double lines interfere with hold-over? There are no graduation marks or distance marks.  
Whats their purpose other than something for the triangle to sit on?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The Accupoint is as tough as any of the other scopes I've owned, tougher than some.  That comparison would be with Leupold, Bushnell Elite, Nikon, Burris Fullfield and Weaver.

Not sure about the verticle lines except they don't seem to get in the way at all. I zero the AR's for 50/250 and haven't had any holdover issues but have only shot the Accupoint to about 300 yards. Since there's a space between the lines, the target is visable thru them for holdover if needed. The elevation dial would be well suited for use as a semi target knob for long range elevation corrections from a computer ballistic chart. The shoot!2.5 program even gives elevation MOA adjustments and I use it with the target knob equipped Elite 4200's on my varmint rifles. I don't see any reason that the system wouldn't work well with the Accupoint to moderate ranges.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Right on!  Thanks for the reply.  I'm considering one since the ACOGs are so high priced and in such high demand lately.  

Is yours the 1.5-4 or the 3-9?  If its the 1.5 how do you like it for up close shooting?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine is the 1.25x4x24. It's awesome from up close to, say 300+ yards. The Accupoint is the only variable scope that give you the BAC illuminated reticle of the ACOG. It's an awesome scope. It's drawbacks are that it must be forward mounted on an extended rail (1.25x4x24) and it's weight, with mount, is more than the ACOG.

For much more info www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=181450
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking about getting one as well.  

I read the official promo where they had one mounted on a .470 rifle hunting in Africa.  I think if it can take that recoil, then a .223 and some moderate bumps should not affect it.

Any pics of the red triangle?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
My guess as to the lines were they are the fiber from the collector on top.

Mine works really well. Have it mounted on my AR.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top