Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 4:43:23 PM EDT
Anyone have one to give feed back on?  Is it worth the cost?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Since no one else is jumping on this, we anwser this at least 2 times a week. No the scope is not ready for real world use, when they came out they had some real issues and most people sent them back for a refund.

Now, they may have fixed the problems but I am not sure. Someone who has purchased one recently needs to step in and take over, anyone? anyone?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently purchased one and could have played it safe and just got an Aimpoint, but I took the gamble because the tri(quad) power feature seemed cool. no complaints so far, in fact I really liked the bright chevron reticle when I used it in fiber optic mode last week outside in the bright sun. I have only used it at 100 and 50 yards shooting at  5 inch shoot-n-see stickers. no problem with aim/accuracy. have to get some millitary targets for 100-200 yds though. There were some issues with early ones. it is not really well liked here. do a search if it is working. I like it. next rifle I'll try an aimpoint. I paid 420$
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I've handled the new ones and they are a definite improvement; but I would still go with the Aimpoint for the money.

The Trijicon is nice; but you have to cover the fiber optic collector when the batteries are on or else it glows. So you just use it a la the Reflex for daylight and crank up the batteries and cover the fiber optics for indoor/low-light use.

I liked the chevron aiming point; but the price was a bit high since I could have an Aimpoint and mount for less than just what they were asking for the Tripower. Since Aimpoint has made such huge strides with battery life, you can pretty much leave it on non-stop and it does everything a Tripower does for several months, albeit with a single power source.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top