Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 9:51:34 PM EDT
I asked awhile back if the ARMS TRC/TRR would work with the Leupold MR/T and someone responded and said it would not work with the #22 rings you must use it with the #35 mount.  Is this true with the Tasco Super Sniper also or can you use the #22 rings?  Also if you I get the #35 mount does it come with rings or do I have to buy the #35 and the #22's?  That would be stupid to have quick throw lever rings on a quick throw lever base.  Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Troy for answering the part about the #35 rings.  Here is a link to my upper.... Upper Pic So you can see I can put the #22 ring foward on the handguards but we don't know yet if the scope has enough room to allow for that between the turrets and the bell.  I know some people have these things and can tell me.  I am looking into this to save $500 bucks instead of getting the Leupold MR/T M3.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Bumped back to page 1
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe that th ARMS ring caps are all interchangable between all saddles. #21's, #22's, #35's, and that would mean the TRR would, but the TRR, would fit all, depending on the optic.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Mavrick656,

You are such a copy cat!!!he
-SC
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I went back and looked at the "base" model Leupolds and none of them seem to have the M3 knobs on them which I really like and want.  I also noticed that the knobs on the Super Sniper stand up really tall.  So tall I think they might block the Optima/Dr. red dot which is the whole reason for putting the TRR/TRC on it.  Hopefully Sal can fill us in.  Maybe I'll just use my irons until I win the lottery.

Sal did you get your upper from JTAC also?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
My SPR with Tasco SS 10x-M with ARMS #22 High Rings TRC/TRR.   I do not have an optic for the TRC/TRR at this time but it does work.  The top turret may be slightly to high for a propper view thru a Docter Optic or similar. But as you can see the TRC/TRR does work on a Tasco SS / #22rings.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Mav,

Yup saw your upper in another thread and decided that I needed one more than I needed the money in my bank account, you know how that goes.

Powermc,  I love your spr

I don't think I need a red dot on the spr as I have 2 other ar's, one with an aimpoint, and the other has a compact acog on her removable carry handle.

Thank God for overtime,

SC
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool Sal I really like mine.  I've been carrying it around the house all night pointing it at the dogs.  I think I'm starting to annoy my wife.  Thanks for the pic PowershipMC.  I think they are going to be to high to use a Dr/Optima.  That sucks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Mav,

Bushmaster sells a little dohicky called something like a "varmit flatop riser" or somthing like that, which you could stick on top of the rail and then mount an optic on it.

SC
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Sal can you give us an update on your Super Sniper, do you like it?

Also, BTT cause somones gotta have a Super Sniper and Dr./Optima to test if the turrets are to tall to see the red dot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Mav,

I like it alot but it was a bitch to zero because I don't have a proper rest or bipod for  my 16" carbine. I will have the proper equipment when my SPR upper comes in. Until then I will just have to make due with my Compact ACOG on my 16" bushy and my Aimpoint on my 11.5" PWA Commando.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top