Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2003 9:44:52 AM EDT
I'm looking for a Bi-level mount for an aimpoint red dot. Are the expensive ones($130.00+) like arms#39 that much better than the ones out there for $30-$40?
What is the diff. between them?

Thanx in advance
Tim
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=1482[/img]

First co-witness compatability, w/ the M68 and the #39A2 your set.

You'll notice the second attachment point, making certain the mount does not shift or move.

You'll also notice the tiny "brush-guard" feature on the left end, above, while it may not seem like much extra for the price, try "beating feet" thru the heavy woods or jungle sometime and see how your $30-50 dollar mount fares......

Chances are, your pace thru the vines and brush will suffer considerably and while it may not mean much now, in a SHTF situation ya don't want that "cheapie" mount to become a brush and vine magnet. Of course if this is of no intrest the buy the cheap one, and hope it's the correct height.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're just plinking the $40 might is probably all you need (docZox has a good review of it here: [url]http://www.americansforguncontrol.com/leaper/[/url]).

If you use (or think you might use) your AR-15 in defense of life & limb go for the ARMS#39.

Buy quality - buy once.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
How does the Aimpoint co-witness with the 39
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanx for all the replys.
I guess I'll prob. save up for the arms#39.
The way it sounds, I'd prob. end up getting it down the road anyway(after getting a cheaper one and not being satisfied).

Tim
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:58:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How does the Aimpoint co-witness with the 39
View Quote

When your Aimpoint is placed in an ARMS #22M68 mount (sans spacer, as shown above) and attached in the manner above the "red-dot" of the Aimpoint and the iron sights of the A2 upper "co-witness". In that when ignoring the Aimpoint, using only the irons, the red-dot sets atop the front sight post.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
will the arms mount let me co witness a atn ultra dot?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top