Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 4:59:23 PM EDT
How does a tritium front 'night' site affect the view through an EOtech?

How much do these run?
Who sells them on here?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
When using/after installing tritium fore sights, I have heard your shots may go high in low light due to the fact that the tritium dot sits lower on the front post.

Anyone have this problem?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
What no one is running a front tritium sight with the EOtech to comment on this???????
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the rear sight too.  You must learn how to shoot tritium AR sights in a totally different manner than the regular irons.  I have described this in great detail at least twice in the last 2 months if you care to do a search.  Just the front wont work and you will be shooting high.  You also will be shooting all over with no rear aperature reference.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Meprolight front sight on my rifle and just recently mounted an EOTech.  The truth of the matter is that it's a non-issue.

The key is that with the EOTech, you are focusing on the target.  Once you do that, the front sight post gets blurred and tends to move off to the side.  If you've ever checked to see whether you are right or left eye dominant, you'll know exactly what I mean.

Hold your index finger straight up at arms length and line it up with an object in the distance (light switch on the wall, etc.).  With your focus on your finger, it is nice and sharp with both eyes open.  Now close each eye individually.  The open eye that maintains the alignment of your finger and the far object is your dominant eye.  When you look with your weak eye, your finger appears to move to one side or the other.

Now with both eyes open, change the focus from your finger to the object in the distance.  See how it tends to move to the same side as it did using your weak eye?  This is exactly what the tritium front sight does when looking through the EOTech.

I am left eye dominant, so when I do the above test with my right eye open, my finger moves to the left.  The same happens with the front sight when using the EOTech...it moves to the left.  In reality, I really don't even see it unless I'm looking for it.

BTW - CDNN ([url]http://cdnninvestments.com[/url]) has the Meprolight front sight post and detent for $20.

HTH!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top