Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 12:23:41 PM EDT
Glancing over the diagram of the BUIS at the A.R.M.S. website, I saw the very prominant windage knob, but not any obvious way to adjust elevation  Did I miss something, or is an elevation dial not really needed?  Can the front sight rotation take care of that?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
There's no elevation adjustment on the #40.  Set it at the front sight and forget about it.  With a 50 yd zero, you'll be fine out to 250 or so with the large aperture.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah, good. Thanks for the info/advice.

*edit
One other question.  The Bushmaster description of the BUIS said that [url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/arms40.asp]"Due to aperture height, you should order the .040 higher front sight."[/url]
Is that really necessary?  I haven't read of anyone here using that.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not usually neccessary.
View Quote

But for $5 it's worth getting to save you the misery of finding out you need one when you're at the range trying to zero your rifle...[BD]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I put the ARMS #40 on a RRA flat top with mid-length barrel and PRI folding front.   Did not need the higher front sight post.  Zeroed just beautifully at 50 yd.   Haven't had the chance to try it out at longer ranges yet, but since everyone says that 16" barrels are incapable of launching bullets with sufficient velocity to reliably penetrate AND fragment past 200 yds...wny bother with a 300 yd Zero...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top