Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 4:04:53 AM EDT
What effect does the red front of some of these scopes have for hunting & combat?

to rephase the questions; Does/do these site glow red from the front or do they stand out/spook game as seen front? in looking at the aimpoint the apperance from the front looks to be red glass.

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure I understand the question, but I believe you are asking if the dot shows in the front lense? If so, the answer is no.

Nick
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]
From certain angles the Bushnell HOLO-sight is visible from the front. But I do not consider it a serious (combat)sight. I have hunted with it and had no problems.

Bob
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The light isn't really transmitted out of the sight itself, so someone looking for you would see you much sooner than they'd see the sight.

I'd be more worried about hiding my infrared signature and scent...but that's just me.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top