Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 10:51:16 AM EDT
I bought a TA44-5 two years ago... When will the tritium stop to work?? and what I'll have to do?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The tritium in ACOGs is warrantied for 12 years. The half-life of tritium is 12.5 years.

This means that in 12.5 years, using only tritium as a source of illumination (i.e. total darkness, fiber-optic tube on compact gathering no additional light), your reticle will be half as bright as it was brand new (assuming the tritium used in it was relatively new which isn't always the case).

If after the warranty period you want to have the tritium recharged, Trijicon offers that service for $250 for ACOGs.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey that is good info.  I love my ACOG and don't think I'll ever get rid of it.  Thought about the tri-power, but I'm hooked on the TA-31F now.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Bartholomew_Roberts! Is the service offered by Trijicon only for US customers? last question: Are ACOG water resistant?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]
You'd have to ask Trijicon about their service.

The NSN ACOG is waterproof to 60'. I don't know how the BAC ACOGs rate on that scale; but mine has been completely submerged in about 6" of water with no issues at all so I imagine they are waterproof as well; but I don't know to what degree.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks Bartholomew_Roberts! Is the service offered by Trijicon only for US customers? last question: Are ACOG water resistant?
View Quote

Worst cased scenario you send it to an "ally" in the US and it gets fixed and returned to you.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top