Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 4:06:26 PM EDT
I just got a Bushnell elite 3200 scope and mounted it on my bushmaster v-match 20" with a rock river one piece mount.  Well, the scope doesn't have enough adjustment to zero it in.  The best I could get was 8" low at 50ft.  Should I replace my mount with rings?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
For the heck of it, reverse the mount and see what ya get. Don't forget, usually gun makers and optic makers in my expeience don't seen to make mounts as well as the mount makers. Mount makers and optic makers are not as good as each other making something what isn't thier main line of business.
If the reversing doesn't work, get some throw lever rings.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Poor mans fix (I've done it) shim it with a piece of aluminum coke can cut to fit in one of the rings. Just a little square will work. Money is no object fix, ARMS or Badger mounts.

Nuts{WoC}
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and the Armalite one piece mount is very nice too! I have one now on my son's FAL and it's very well made.

Nuts{WoC}
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top