Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/12/2003 5:06:14 AM EDT
Hello , I´ve got the opportunity to buy an Elcan sight which are in service with the canadian army for 500 Euro or an "Blits" sight for 745 Euro. The blits is BetaLightedInfantryTargetScope from Hensoldt out of an evalutation test for the US army . Does anyone have some ideas or opinions about the Elcan sight . I can´t test it . The Blits will be delivered in the next 3 days.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
The Blitz and Elcans both failed the small are/optic trials. The Elcan has the exposed prone to get jambed up in dirt, mud, ice in the field, too heavy, If I remember right the Blitz was even heavier. Both had great optic's, but that isn't the reason they didn't make it. Only Canada put Elcans on the rifles, The US has some on the M240/249 belt feds.
The prices you quote are very high.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
....Only Canada put Elcans on the rifles...
View Quote

IIRC the Danes and the Dutch also have Elcans on their C7A1s.  Perhaps if Keld is lurking he could chime in?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The Danes and Dutch don't get into any shootin wars. Unfortunately, the last time we saw the Dutch Army it was in Kosavo, hand cuffed to telephone poles, remember?
Jack
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe the dollar is equal to .83 euro. Its some where in that area.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
It takes quite a few more dollars to equel the Euro, unfortunately, plus it keeps fluctuating quite a bit.
Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top