Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2003 5:01:17 AM EDT
Greetings for all members from Poland. I have a question about night sights for AR15.
If we (I and my family)will arrive in US (we will be try visa lottery this year) my first weapon buy will be AR 15 for home defense (I was thinking first about AK - it's cheaper, I know this well from army, but it's less versatile rifle in my opinion, and I think .223 is better for homeland defense). I will buy something build special "for my needs", but I don't have idea about night sights.
I need easy to mount, "fast" night sights. Don't know, maybe optic if something like this even exist (just idea).
Thank you for any information and suggestions. Nestor
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Aimpoint ML2, not a night sight but it sure can work fast at night, and you'll get a great day optic too [:)]
Or just get a Surefire, you have to ID your target before shooting.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Nestor, good luck in your attempts to come to our country!  As a former police officer one thing comes to mind for home defense.  The number one rule is to Idendify the target prior to shooting it.  Heaven forbid your kid or drunk neighbor gets shot by accident.  With that said, I would suggest a lighting system for your gun.  There are plenty of setups you could employ that will be inexpensive (relative term) and VERY capable of doing the job.  In my humble opinion, you would need to light the target before engaging it.  

With that said, the Aimpoint or EOTech would be optimum for your useage.  Just make sure you get a flat-top, it greatly simplifies mounting the sight.  HTH.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll also recommend the Aimpoint Comp M2.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for help. Great,simply idea about lightning system. Of course I know about ID target before shooting [;)].
I'm ex-military so it's good thing to have advice from police officer, different kind of jobs, and you know much more about this weapon and law in your country. I'm law abbiding man. Don't want to have any problems, but effective, defensive tool. Thank you my friends. I have to do some reaserch now. Nestor.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Nestor, when you get ready to go with lights get up with BrightFlashLights on this board.  He is a good guy to deal with and very fairly priced.  I apologize if I came across as one telling you what to do, it was not my intent.  Take care and good luck.

Edited to add his thread.  [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=173722&w=searchPop[/url]

Airborne!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank for this. With information from you and decent AR15 we will be safe in our new home.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top