Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 1:40:12 PM EDT
Today at the gunshop I was checking out the Tri-Power. Well the sales guy sez it's going back to the distributer because Trijicon refused to fix it. The problem is when you look at something very black/dark half of the lens turns red. Trijicon said they are aware of the problem but there are not fixing it. They say it will be fixed on the newer models however. I wish I could discribe it better but the best I can do is to tell you that if you've looked through a Trijicon product before and noticed the blue tint, well imagine it being half blue, half red seperated by a jagged line.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
shit!

all this time and they are still not 100%
Trijicon should do better than that.

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Think there was any pressure on them to get the product out as soon as possible? [;)]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Shouldnt this be in the optics forum? [:D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry about that.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry about that.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
View Quote

Hey, I was just kidding! Troy out ranks me and if he doesnt mind it being here.........[8D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Ummm..... IBTL!!! Maybe?    
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't see anything like that in the testing I did, but maybe it's a new feature? I would suggest that we get that in writting from Trijicon before getting all pissed off, as they have always been customer oriented.
If you hear more please let us know. I am also going to try and find time to ask them myself.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#9]
It's ok for this topic to be on this board. The Tripower has been a big topic of conversation for along time and is of intrest to the AR-15.com masses.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone around the Tampa, Fl. area want to see this thing?

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nazi
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#12]
This really surprises me since Trijicon is such a top shelf company. I've always enjoyed my Trijicon night sights and consider them some of the best available (at any price).

Are they under a lot of pressure to compete with Aimpoint and EOTech in the 1x arena? Have they been losing ground to them?

Thanks in advance for the insight [:)] I had considered the TriPower as a possible compromise between an Aimpoint and an ACOG. Looks like I'll be sticking to the TA11D despite the added cost.

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't think they've been losing ground.....

Seems like they lost it!

I don't think I have heard or read a good thing about it but am willing give it the benefit of the doubt till I can play[:)]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:08:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Think there was any pressure on them to get the product out as soon as possible? [;)]
View Quote

our unit finally got the newer AN-PVS-7 NVG like a week before the start of the ground war in 91...and 1/4 to half the image tube was blocked out. I would say that those where rushed out to meet demand
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:09:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure that Trijicon's sales are going great for them and their profits too. At the prices of the ACOG's they have to be making a killing. On the other hand Eotech and Aimpoint are handing them their lunch with the red dots. I'm sure that their brain trust can see all of the money they are losing out on. I'm suprised that they waited so long to get the tripower out. They should have come out with something easier to design in the mean time to compete with Aimpoint and Eotech.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Nazi
View Quote

Wanna see something funny.....[;D]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:43:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Moved here from AR discussions.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I wanna see it - what shop was this at?  Although, there are so many shops around here I am boycotting, it may be a moot point.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wanna see it - what shop was this at?  Although, there are so many shops around here I am boycotting, it may be a moot point.
View Quote

Freedom Outfitters
2311-A Thonotosassa Rd,
Plant City, Fl. 33567
813-754-GUNS

It's my Dads shop so if you have or had any problems there please advise me ASAP. If you need directions I.M. me.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#20]
So are you the infamous Alex?  I'm roommates with a PC firefighter (Griggs), so I frequent your dad's shop - one of the few that will still give you a straight deal anymore (although I'm beginning to wonder about Chris).  I'll have to stop in one day this week and check it out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So are you the infamous Alex?  I'm roommates with a PC firefighter (Griggs), so I frequent your dad's shop - one of the few that will still give you a straight deal anymore (although I'm beginning to wonder about Chris).  I'll have to stop in one day this week and check it out.
View Quote

Negative, I'm Bo, Alex's little brother. He did the Firefighter gig so I did the Airborne Infantry gig. If Chris gives you a hard time just give it to him right back, or if a price doesn't seem right and you want it, don't be afraid to beat him up on it. I'll stop by station 2 sometime and bullshit, I.M. me if you need anything.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the heads-up, although I'm not surprised at Trijicon's reaction...

I remember calling them right after I received my new TA01-NSN, about the right side of the reticle being fuzzy; "it's supposed to be like that"... Right. Thanks. How much did this cost again?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#23]
actually, the one side of the optic on the TAO1 series IS supposed to be somewhat of a blur...
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
actually, the one side of the optic on the TAO1 series IS supposed to be somewhat of a blur...
View Quote

Yes, I know. That's what Trijicon said also.

But I expect a lot more for an optic with a retial price over $1000.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:05:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes, but I find it VERY hard to belive you paid retail Clint...

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#27]
My tri-power has a kind of red "halo" that is somewhat annoying. Anybody hear anything further on this?

Hack
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder how long it will be before we see them popping up on the for sale board listed as follows:

ANIB Trijicon Tripower mounted but not abused $300.00 or best offer.

Regards,
Gary

Edited to reflect a lower price due to addition complaints about this product :-(
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top