Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 4:13:46 AM EDT
Well i've had my Bushmaster M4A2 for about a week now and have decided on picking up an Aimpoint ML2 2x with an ARMS #16A to mount on my carryhandle.  I was wondering if anyone knew a cheap place to buy both, and if possible a cheekpiece for a new style telestock.  I also had a question.  From what i've read the dot in an ML2 is 4 MOA, but if the 2x doubles the size of everything while leaving the dot the same size, will it make it 2 MOA?  Thanks.

Digital
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
ALthough I have never used one, the generally accepted opinioin is to stay away from the 2X Aimpoints.  If you want 2X, you are better off with a compact ACOG with BAC.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, i barely found out that 2x aimpoints have a bell on the end so i'm gonna stay away from that.  I figure i'll just get a regular ML2.

Digital
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Well guys I love my 2x aimpoint.  I do not see why everyone hates it.  Can some one tell me why they think the 2x aimpoints are so bad?
NoKarma
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I am not trying to flame your choice in optics (to each their own), but I try and steer folks away from them if I can...
View Quote

That wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact your a dealer and do not stock them, would it? LOL

I buddie of mine has one and although the field of view is restricted somewhat it's not that bad.

If you listen to people here you would think you were looking through a straw!

For a long time on this site folks were saying that the M had better grade Glass then the ML when in fact they both use the same glass (just a different coating)!

"Bandwagon" mentality runs ramped here (as with most sites)
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Grant, with many other great dealers here, don't post just for furthering their business, they contribute to the knowledge pool and participate in discussions that don't benefit them financially.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes I have used the regular Aimpoints.
I have also used
1. Acogs
2. Reflex
3. Reflex 2
4. Cmore
5. DrDot
6. Ultradot
7. Orginal aimpoint

I don't see the 2x Aimpoint being any more restrictive for FOV then most other magnified scopes.

Thank you guys for the input. The 2x aimpoint is the latest addition to my optics collection and I may just not have sen the downside yet. I only got the aimpoint at Gunstock.
NoKarma
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top