Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 9:19:39 AM EDT
Having shot my first 3-Gun match with this sight, I want to change the aperature as I think both are too large.  Ideally, I would like about a .045 small aperature and about a .10 large aperature on the same plane.  I haven't been able to find anything like this.  Does it exist?  I've seen in the DPMS catalog a sight with two undersized aperaturs, I believe .030 and .040 which can be drilled out.  Anybody try this?  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Bill you could try with a match sight - at least one of them will be able to be changed with different inserts.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#2]
DPMS has apertures with the small aperture being of all different sizes.  I think one of them is .042 and I wouldn't worry about trying to drill that out.  You're talking a couple thousanths and there is that much variance in there anyway.  The large aperture is still the normal A2 size (.199 or .200, not sure).  And no, they are not on the same plane.

I was also looking for a custom aperture, and I came across tippiecompetition:

[url]http://www.tippiecompetition.com[/url]

Give Mr. Tippie a call and talk to him, he's real nice and can probably help you out.  I sent a check for 2 custom apertures less than a week ago, I expect to receive them in a few weeks.  If you want to hold off until then, I can let you know how they turned out.  But seeing as how cheap they are you might just want to spec out what you want and send your order to him, call him first though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm using a customized A1 aperature.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top