Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 5:17:20 PM EDT
I just purchased an EOTECH 512 for a Bushmaster A2 carbine.  I am new to both the rifle and the optics.  I am told I need an ARMS #2 mount for the optic so that I can still use the iron sights.  Is this the best way to go?  What should I pay for this mount and where should I buy it?  The optic comes pre-mounted. Does this mean it is pre-zeroed in?  TIA.  Russ
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You certainly could use a #2 with a 512.  The site ends up sitting pretty high though.  I wonder if you can use an ARMS #39 and mount the 512 over the hand guards and co-witness through the 512.  Hmmm. . .  I have a flat top upper so I don't have this issue.  Hopefully someone with the same set up can steer you right.  Welcome to the wonderful world of the evil black rifle.    
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
#39 will not allow co-witness, Precision Reflex makes a very solid forward carrying handle mount that will co-witness your 512 with the iron on your A2.  

Precision Reflex mount comes in hi ride or low ride version the hi ride will work with the taller double heat shield handguards and low ride will work only with the standard round handguard.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
SMGLee: as someone new to the black rifle and optics I'm afraid the majority of your post has gone over my head (co-witness?).  I do well with pictures -- do you have one of the setup that you are talking about?   :-)  Where can I find this mount and what should I expect to pay?  TIA  Russ
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
rtab1, if you don't have double heat shield hand guards (which you most likely do not). Then the PRI gooseneck mount will work perfectly. CO-Witness basically means that you will look through your irons, through your EOTech to your front post. The dot of the EOTech will be sitting on top of the front post. So when/if your EOTech dies you can see your iron perfectly and keep on fighting. I sell the PRI gooseneck for $100.00. Here is a pic of a CRTC gooseneck which works well with double heat shield HG's.

C4

[email][email protected][/email]

[url]http://www.hunt101.com/img/062539.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Is that thing adjustable so you can place the irons in the lower 3rd of the EoTech window?  If not, where does it place the irons?  I like to look OVER the irons in this sort of set up.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top