Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 11:36:54 AM EDT
I just did a 2 day Rifle skill builder at Front Sight and had a great time.  I am using a Bushmaster M4 flat-top upper with 14.5" barrel, permanent Phantom FS, and Aimpoint Comp M2 with ARMS cantelever mount.  While the Aimpoint excelled at 75 yds and under, I also found I could use it at extended ranges.  We went to "Sniper's Point", which overlooked a canyon.  Steel silhouettes were placed at various unmarked ranges out to 540 yds.  Quite a few of them were pretty difficult to pick out of the brush, etc.  

I hit every plate on the first shot out to 450 yds.  With a spotter helping me, I barely missed the first shot at 540 yds, but did hit it on the 2nd and 3rd shots.  I have to say that I was truly amazed that this rifle and optic combo was capable of this level of accuracy.  I'd still like to get an ACOG, but I can live with this.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
[;)]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked my ACOG, but seemed to be faster with an Aimpoint at short to medium ranges.  I was actually more accurate with irons than either of the optics.  So I sold the ACOG, and now rely on a combination of the Aimpoint and irons.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top