Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2003 5:18:25 PM EDT
Does anyone have a detailed pic of the underside of an EOTech sight? I'm interested in seeing how it mounts to the rail.

Thanks!

Quib
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry no pics but it mounts basically like any other rail adaptable sight mount.  ie. arms throw lever, KAC, PRI, etc.  

One side is solid and the other retracts inward via screw knob or hex head to clamp the sight to the rails.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sorry no pics but it mounts basically like any other rail adaptable sight mount.  ie. arms throw lever, KAC, PRI, etc.  

One side is solid and the other retracts inward via screw knob or hex head to clamp the sight to the rails.
View Quote

Sorry I've never had the opportunity to see one of those mounts either. Are they similar to how a carry handle would mount with bolts that interlock with the rails to stop for and aft movement?

My worry is the rail on my flat top is out of spec and I'm afraid the EOTech would slide around on the rail.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My worry is the rail on my flat top is out of spec and I'm afraid the EOTech would slide around on the rail.
View Quote

Unless you have an AR that was made in Zimbabwe, by drunken horticulturists, using hand tools made of wood and stone.............

I think you'll be fine.

The Eotech is a great sight and I've never heard anybody say they had any trouble with it fitting on their flat top.

I'll IM somebody that may post a pic for you anyway. Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless you have an AR that was made in Zimbabwe, by drunken horticulturists, using hand tools made of wood and stone.............

I think you'll be fine.

View Quote

Well we are talking Model 1 sales here, and we all know they had out-of-spec rails! I had to file the rails down to mount a #38 Swan sleeve and now I'm thinking a EOTech would not mount tight enough.

I answered the thread about the carry handle sliding... I explain more there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess I just don't see how a picture of the bottom of an Eotech is going to do you any good.

Great looks like a mount for a rail......yet you still won't know if it will fit on your rifle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:43:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I guess I just don't see how a picture of the bottom of an Eotech is going to do you any good.

Great looks like a mount for a rail......yet you still won't know if it will fit on your rifle.
View Quote

I'm curious to know if the EOTech mount has a bolt that interlocks with the rail slots like an A3 handle does. If that's the case then I would feel safe mounting it on my upper!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm curious to know if the EOTech mount has a bolt that interlocks with the rail slots like an A3 handle does. If that's the case then I would feel safe mounting it on my upper!
View Quote

If I read your question right, then YES it does.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#8]
the underside of the Eotech has an angle cut along the left side to clasp around the rail. The right side is a straight cut with a bolt that goes from side to side through the center. This bolt has a clamp about 3/4" long on the right side that clasps around the other side of the rail. It has plenty of adjustment to grab a rail way out of spec. It won't be a problem to mount on yours. I could probably get you a pic tomorrow if noone else does by then.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the underside of the Eotech has an angle cut along the left side to clasp around the rail. The right side is a straight cut with a bolt that goes from side to side through the center. This bolt has a clamp about 3/4" long on the right side that clasps around the other side of the rail. It has plenty of adjustment to grab a rail way out of spec. It won't be a problem to mount on yours. I could probably get you a pic tomorrow if noone else does by then.

Bill
View Quote

Thanks for the description. From how it sounds, I should be ok.

If anyone has a pic though...that would be great!

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#10]
alright man, just for you!  (you'll have to copy/paste though)
www.geocities.com/ryanb_a3/eotechbottom

or for an extremely huge pic of the same thing:

www.geocities.com/ryanb_a3/eotechbottom_peternorthsize
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:52:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank You Klinger.......you're a true Saint!

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/064363.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank You Klinger.......you're a true Saint!

[url]http://www.hunt101.com/img/064363.jpg[/url]
View Quote

man! that needs to be my avatar whenever I actually pay/signup on the board!!

edited:  it now is my avatar!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Well Klinger I'm glad ya like the pic! Thanks for the help!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top