Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2003 9:07:51 AM EDT
I have been contemplating building up an AR using one of these, but would like some opinions on what optics work well with it (if any) and what optics work poorly with it.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/mbc-03.asp
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#1]
There are newer/better mounts that are cheaper.  What sight system are you thinking about?  

Ray
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking I want to start with a rock solid iron sight, and not be too limited later when mounting an additional tactical optic.

This one looks like it meets the reliability requirement (maybe) but I don't have a feel for how much it limits flexibility.

I am in the research stage at this point. I haven't owned or used any tactical optics before, and I have no desire to buy 2 or 3 before I get one I am happy with.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The purpose of the rifle is two fold:

-A dependable firearm for use at the Gunsite Tactical Carbine course, which in turn is to have one very enjoyable weeks vacation. (The pistol course was awesome)
-The second is to get great enjoyment from  researching and building up a rifle suitable to the task.

After that the rifle will be used for 3 gun matches and putting holes in paper.

PS Troy, the ammo faq is awesome.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Pure wisdom from Troy.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
#1 Choice: ARMS 40
#1 Choice for non flip up rear: Cut Carry Handle or LMT rear sight

After that you have "it fits under my big scope" sights like KAC 300m, KAC 600m, GGG A2, GGG MAD, etc.

The sight you linked too has a rail which adds weight and is not needed.  It also limits optics and mounts that will work with it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top