Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2003 6:17:31 AM EDT
I am thinking of adding one of these to my 22lr upper.
Is this a wise move ? Are they quality sights?
Is $100(ud1b25 is the model#) shipped a good price ?If not do any of you know of a cheaper total at some other place online?
How is the parralax error with these if any?
Whats the eye relief?unlimited?
Thanks all
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
All red dots have unlimited eye relief. If you're just going to plink (informal target practice) a red dot in the $100 range is probably more than accurate enough.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been using Ultra Dots on bullseye target pistols for about 7 years and never had one fail.  I don't use anything else.  Anything that can live atop a 1911 .45 for 50K rounds and still work should be plenty durable for a plinking .22 AR.

On the down-side the dots sometimes have "tails" and are not perfect circles.  Don't get me wrong, they don't look like a comet, but depending on the sight, the dot might not be perfect.  I have three Ultra Dots and one is a perfect dot and two have teeny-tiny tails.

I have read that Ultra Dot is coming out with a new "target" 4-position dot sight soon (it may alredy be out).  The dot is supposed to be perfect and can be switched to 4 different sizes.

For plinking, the regular dot should be just fine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep the 4 size dot is out now.
Well i just sent off $95 for a 1 inch model with all the goodies it comes with from the factory and as a extra some see thru flip up lens covers. CANT WAIT
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#4]
My brother in law has one of the original Ultra Dots mounted on top of his Springfield SAR48 Bush model FAL.  Its held up to the recoil for 10+ years.  I think they are a great afordable alternative.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have a link to them??
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.ultradotwest.com/Ultra_Dot.html[/url]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top