Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 2:24:01 PM EDT
Just sent a Eotech back cause the circle looked fuzzy to me.  Now I'm trying to decide between the CQ/T or Aimpoint ML2. I've searched for the CQ/T but can't find any info.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Just curious about something. Did you send back the EO Tech because you didn't like it or because you thought it was broken?

General consensus on the CQ/T is that it's a good idea that was executed poorly. People used to really beat on it for the batter life (7 hours) but I just visited Leupold's site and it appears they've increased it to 600 hours from a single AA. That being said, I don't like the riser that's built into it either.

You'll find a lot of Aimpoint supporters here. Heck, I finally gave in and ordered one myself after debating over it for months and months.

If I was going to spend CQ/T type money on an optic, I'd get an ACOG (which I did when I bought a TA-31). With the ACOG's BAC, you don't need variable magnification and with it's fiber optic and tritium illumination, you never need batteries. Check out the General Purpose Optic thread tacked at the top of the forum for more info if you haven't already.

What do you want to do with an optic? It seems if you bought an EO Tech, an Aimpoint would be a logical choice since they are similar.

To me, I love Leupold glass in general. I've got a Vari-X III on my bolt action .308 that's great but I've never warmed up to the CQ/T myself. Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
They haven't discontinued the CQ/T yet?

Aimpoint, or ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If aimpoint had to creat a circle like the 65MOA ring on the EOTech, it will look fuzzy too, it is because the ring are created by electronis emission. and if it were up to me to decide on any of the optic you had considered, EOTech would be my number one choice and follow closely be Aimpoint.  CQ/T would be consider if an ACOG TA31 was not in the picture.  if you are going to spend 6-700 dollars on the CQ/T, I would definitely save a little more for an ACOG TA31.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Word is there will be an improved smaller version of the CQT coming out soon.
View Quote

Word on the street?? That is interesting, I will have to keep an eye on it. Any info on the design improvement besides the smaller size?? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
No I didn't send it back cause I thought it was broke.  I had other people look at it and the fuzziness wasn't there, guess it's my eyes.  Thanks for all the input.  I'm basically wanting it for 25-200 yrds, no CQB and maybe just a little of the cool factor.  Guess I'll take a road trip and try to find some stocking dealers in the tri state area so I can comparison shop.  A ACOG is a no-go, wife would have a fit if I spent 1k on it.  The $700 for a CQ/T would be pushing it to the limit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I talked to my cousin who works at Leupold.  He said the new CQT will be a 1-6x30 scope.  There are three recticles which can be changed with a knob (5 MOA dot, 3 MOA dot/65 MOA circle, and crosshair).  The AA battery lasts 900 hours.  The scope weighs 10 ounces and will have a mount similar to the ARMS#22M68.

BTW, my cousin's wife is the tooth fairy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I was gettin' a boner........till I saw you cousins wife is the tooth fairy.  Thanks...for nothin.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:46:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:46:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Definitely Aimpoint between the two sights you mentioned. You might also look at the compact ACOGs since they are price-competitive with the CQT and a better optic also in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Aimpoint!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#14]
C4, email sent concerning compact ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
With this new CQ/T coming out that will put the breaks on my plans for a second acog,and bury my SN-4 in the gun safe,untill i can figure what use it might have other than just being a out dated piece of hardware/paperweight.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#16]
The new loopy will suck as well,...Leupold knew that the CQT sucked....They contacted Premiere Reticles to do some paliminary R and D type work on the new one with the idea the Premiere would do the assy work and make the reticles once the design was finalized...Anyway after a bunch of work designing and talking to the guys that would use them in the field Leupold said thanks but no thanks and screwed premiere out of months of Rand D with nothing in return....Oh well BTW I saw some CAD designs of the proposed optic and it looked good, Think "powered Aimpoint"...............UNDERDOG
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top