Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 3:32:07 PM EDT
So I sent in my grandfathers old weaver scope in for repair and weaver sends me a letter back saying that they cannot repair it, but that they will give me %50 off any of there products.  After looking at there stuff, I am thinking about getting there versatile Grand Slam 4.5-14X 40mm.  With half off it is $200 which is about all I can spend.  I was thinking of getting a there Tactical 3-9X 40mm, but as I don't even have a rifle without a scope one so specialized and more expensive ($240) does not really make sense.   So does anybody have experience with this scope or any in the Grand Slam line?        
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody has any thing to say about the Grand Slam line?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not used that scope in particular, but the Grand Slams have an excellent reputation.  As far as optical quality, they are in the same league as the Leupold Vari-XIII, Bushnell 4200 or Nikon Monarch.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I loved the Weaver GS I had, but it went with the .270 when I sold it.  I am currently considering a Weaver GS tactical, only because I hate scopes with buried adjustments dials that need tools.

They are on par with Leupold VariXIII's, easily.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Great scope very well built can take a beating .Clear and bright holds up to my .376 styer ,and the price and warrenty are good.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the 3.5x10x40. It is excellant, at least equal to the Leupold Vari-x3 for much less.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top