Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 8:27:46 AM EDT
 I'm about to order an IOR IOR4-14x50 Side Focus Tactical Scope.It was between the IOR & a Leupold 4.5-14x50mm M1 Long Range Mil Dot Matte #54560.Has Anybody had any experience with both??Thanks for any info..
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The only bad news I have heard about IOR optics is if you need service your scope has to be sent out the US. I have a Leupold 3.5-10X40 LR M1 mil dot that I am very happy with and comforted in the fact that if anything goes wrong with it Leupold will stand by the product.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes sir...Couldn't agree with ya more on that fact...I wonder if there is that much diff in the glass??..Same?..better??..I sure like the ret choice on the IOR..:-)
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I was leaning hard toward an IOR awhile back. Some info on one of the sniper-type forums discouraged me enough to get the M3 LR, but I'm still interested.

There were a coupla negative customer svc issues and one guy talked about them having outdated mechanics. Something about brass gears that chewed themselves up over time, I'm sorry I don't have more details.

In any case, I got the Gen 2 reticle from Premier (the whole scope and mounts actually) and have been happy with it. If I get another scope tho, I think I will try the IOR next time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#4]
 Mucho thanks for the info,Guys!...Well...I decided to go ahead & take my shot & popp'd the $777.90 for the IOR 4x15-50mm Side FocusTac Scope with the MP8 ret.I know..I know..But I just gotta try it..:-)..A co workerbuddy has the comparable Leupold (#54560 I believe)I'll get back withh Ya'll..& see which one kicks the other's ass...with a look see...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The IOR Valdada warranty / repair facility is in Littleton, CO.  Whomever thought they had to be sent out of the country was incorrect.

StarLyns, who had the 4 - 14 x50 with Side Focus for $777.    It sounds like they gave you the new model scope at the old Adjustable Objective price.  Need to jump on that before they realize their mistake. :-)
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#6]
  Yup..RG..I confirmed that it was the new side focus IOR..I got turned on to this little shop by a realiable source...& was a little bit reluctant till I checked it out..Iwas going with the Leupold till I got his prices..He has some of the Illuminated Glass in stock ( Mine is the Non Illum)Email me & I'll send you his price list or His Email. I talked to him for awhile before I ordered...Real Nice guy.
BTW...I checked on the warranty thing & you are absolutely correct on the Colorado Repair Facility.
Stay Safer!
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#7]
StarLynx,

grab that side focus at that price. That design scope has only been on the market a month or so, it is a total design upgrade from the earlier AO  design.   The side focus retails for around $999 and the place with the best priceson the web  has it for $895 or so.  

I think this guy got shipped the new style scope and never checked his price list for increases.  You are getting over this time.  :-)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top