Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 4:38:39 PM EDT
   I carried my Armalite/US Optics made ST96-10 into the gunshop a few days ago so the counter guy could " chech it out ". A fellow looked and proceeded to tell me that US Optics had made some lousy scopes for Armalite and there was a large lawsuit/settlement over the arrangement and problems they had ??
   He was a nice enough guy but I don't know what to think. I LOVE THIS OPTIC!!!

Does anyone have any information on this ??

Is there any truth to what he has said ??

Thanks........  Steve

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he meant Springfield Armory scopes, or the Japanese company that makes Springfield Armory scopes?  I didn't know US Optics made stuff for others to put their own names on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually

US Optics did get sued by Armalite over this deal (and lost).

Not sure the entire specifics - there was some flack over at SniperCountry about it.

USO has had some shoddy QC and it loks like it bit them in this instance.

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, how much did you spend on it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
   Yes, This is a US Optics made Scope made for Armalite. When I purchased my "previously-owned" AR-10(T) the scope came with. I had no paperwork on it so I contacted BOTH Armalite AND US Optics for literature and recieved information from both.
   When I spoke with US optics about sending me info on the scope, the person hinted to some problems with their brief encounter with Armalite, asked me to contact them but sent me literature anyway, very professional.

I'm just wondering if anyone had heard about a "Bad Run" of scopes from US Optics ??

I'm thinkin' NOT...

Just someone that heard a false rumor...

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
You have a nice $319.40 US Optics scope there buddy lol.

[url]http://www.unertloptics.com/news/usstatement.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#6]
US Optics lost a suit by Armalite for not fulfilling the contract. If I remember correctly, Armalite did state that the product, when received, was satisfactory. Don't jump me if that's not true, though. Unertl Optics has links or copies of the judgment on their website. That might contain the details.

If your scope works, why worry about it?

EDIT: Here's the actual language from the decision: "...the unacceptable return rate for those scopes delivered."

But, "...the scope, which all agreed was, when fully functional without defects, 'an impressive scope.'"

So, it seems that if yours is functional, you have a quality piece of gear. I wonder how eager US Optics would be to fix any defects, given the judgment against them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
" The court finds that it is reasonably forseable that Armalite would have continued to find customers for the scope which all agreed was, when fully functional without defects, 'an impressive scope.' "
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You have a nice $319.40 US Optics scope there buddy lol.

View Quote
And Armalite sold them for $750![:o]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]
US Optics... the caring company with reasonable prices, excellent customer service and fast deliveries. LOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#10]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
US Optics... the caring company with reasonable prices, excellent customer service and fast deliveries. LOL
View Quote

USO in my experience continues to build variations of the ST-10 which is a capable and robust device.

[img]http://home.mindspring.com/~macsys/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/biguso.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top