Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2003 7:46:25 PM EDT
It seems like I remember seeing an EOTECH that looked long enough to be a AA model, and it had what seemed like and extended aluminum hood that went about 3/4 the length of the sight base.

Does anyone know of such a unit or was I dreaming of something sweet?

556mm
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You are thinking of the older 400 series(yike) with hood. it look a lot like a 552 with a really long hood.  

Those are discontinued.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for shedding some light on that for me SMGLee.

556mm
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one of those!  Late 90's, that was called the "Law Enforcement" hood, although it was for sale everywhere.   What a pain in the ass to unscrew.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad this got brought up. I noticed in an older gun magazine of mine today one of these old school EO's on a carbine. I wondered about that extended hood too.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top