Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 11:52:15 AM EDT
I am wanting to purchase an ARMS SIR 45M for my registered M16. Will the heat generated by full-auto fire have any adverse effect on the polymer lower half of an ARMS SIR? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
No, that's why it is used insted of alum. It's made of spec material that will handle all you give it better than anything out there I have ever used on an M16/M4.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
M4, we just got thru running another 210 rounds thru our suppressed M4 with auto fire. After that, the gun was smoking, but the lower handguard of the SIR was still comfortable to hold. That's pretty darned amazing, seeing as how we could have cooked eggs with the suppressor.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
i've noticed the top half get warm from semi shooting but the bottom was always comfortable.  it doesn't touch the barrel at all so that should help some.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#4]
We dumped magazines after magazines that afternoon, the SIR never got too hot to handle.  the handguard was warm after a beta dump.  rock solid as usual.

[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/sir.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top