Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 7:02:56 AM EDT
Hey guys I'm almost done with my AR but i'm missing one little part. I'm looking for a QD mount for a scope thats on the AR. Heres the deal. I've got an ARMS#40 rear site, the objective bell on my scope is just a tad bit to low to clear the top of the rear sight so it's sitting as close to the rear sight as possible. I need to raise it about .25in or less so that i can have the objective sitting right on top of the rear sight. I know a pic would help so when i get home today I'll take a few and try to get them on here. I was thinking about getting the ARMS#19 mount but I'm not sure I'm willing to part with the money. If any of you use this mount how do you like it and is it worth $140. Also what would be some other quality alternatives to think about. the idea is to get it to just clear the rear sight so it stays at as close to it's current height as possible. I'm trying to get this gun done  ASAP and this is really the last thing I need to take care of. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Try this

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=124383

Joe
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not use the ARMS #22 rings of the proper height? They run $80 to $100 and come in three different sizes - and add one less moving part.

I use and ARMS #19ACOG to mount one of my ACOG scopes onto my FAL. I'd rather have the right height scope rings if the ACOG would have taken them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Paul I'm using hi scope rings right now and they are not high enough for the objective to clear the rear sight, thats why I was thinking about the 19.
I'll look into the 22s though. Thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top