Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 2:30:44 PM EDT
I have found what I think is a neat and simple way to store a multiple of batteries within a BattleGrip pistol grip.  (great suggestion SMGLEE).   I line up a multiple of batteries separated by spacers within a piece of heat shrink tubing and then heat shrink the batteries together to make a stick.  Use a tubing diameter which just receives the baterry diameter.   The Spacers are pieces of earplug foam or cotton balls located between each battery to provide separation therbetween. After heatshrinking each battery can be squeezed out individually by squeezing between the last battery in the stick and the next one.  Alternatively, each battery can be cut out.  
The battery “stick” is stored as normal. Works quite well for the battle grip as a large number of smaller (aimpoint batteries) can be stored in a single AA compartment without rattling.  That is, you can stack 4 or 5 aimpoint batteries to make a stick which fits into the AA length compartment without requiring the foam spacers in the battlegrip.  [let’s see, 10 batteries X 10,000 hrs or battery life each in an aimpoint =  a hell of a long time.  
Should simplify battery storage in Crane and Vltor stocks…
Try it.  
What do you think?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top