Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 8:00:26 AM EDT
Is the TA01NSN a both eye open scope? I can not get any focus of the reticle with one eye closed. Supposedly the TA01NSN does not have the BAC feature yet I can't get reticle focus without both eyes open. Is it just me or the scope? Anyone out there know?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Have had not problems looking through the TA01NSN with one or both eyes.

The BAC (aka both eyes open) of the TA31 & TA11 works because the donut etc. glows brightly  (and a lot of other optical stuff ;-) due to the fiber optics and thus your left eye can see the target and your right eye can see the "donut" ... which your brain puts together more or less (depending on the wiring in your head ;-)
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I too do not have any problems with my TA01NSN with one eye closed, nor do most people, I imagine. As a matter of fact, since having my TA31, I have FINALLY be able to look thru "regular" scopes, such as the NSN, with both eyes open. This has been a problem of mine for as long as I've been shooting. Since working with the BAC of the TA31, it makes the transition from my NSN to the Dr. Optic on top of it, and back, much more easy, and quick.

Can't get the reticle to focus, hmmm.
How is it mounted, the TA51?
Where is it mounted. Maybe, if it's mounted to far forward, this is throwing your eye off as to what to look at and focus on? I do not mind the short eye relief of the NSN, maybe you do?
As a guy that couldn't do it till the last month, shooting with a scope with both eyes open ain't a bad thing.
Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
CRS188

Sounds like you got your NSN / Docter optic combo!  Why don't you give us a detailed comparison between the NSN/Docter and the TA31.  It would be interesting to hear your Opinion

GovtCarbine
When I am shooting long precise strings with my NSN and my eye begins to fatigue, I find I have to shoot both eys open to get the fine reticle int focus.  In fact I now shoot both eys open all the time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I belive the TA01NSN is to be used with both eyes open. I too would like to see a comparison of the NSN with Doctor to the TA 31.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top