Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 12:50:04 AM EDT
Is this the new throw lever mount for the eotechs everyone's been talkin' about? Found it while I was shopping for a #40 buis. Here's the link:

http://www.calssportingarmory.com

look under arms #54LR1EO
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
It puts the sight higher than the irons sights to enable you to look under the EOTech to use the irons.  It does not cowitness, which is what a lot of us want.  The only good solution would be for EOTech to make versions with an integral throw lever.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It puts the sight higher than the irons sights to enable you to look under the EOTech to use the irons.  It does not cowitness, which is what a lot of us want.  The only good solution would be for EOTech to make versions with an integral throw lever.
View Quote

What does cowitnessing do for you?  How does it help in accuracy?

The ONLY thing I can see is that with cowitnessing your cheek weld would be the same with the irons and with your eotech.  With flip up front and rear sights I get the same cheek weld without the annoying (to me) sight post in the way.

The closer the sight (iron OR optic) is to the bore the better in my book.  Actually, that is one problem with the AR15 in general (hey, I love them but it's the truth).  You can't place a sight really close to the bore because with the way the rear stock is designed you can't get your head down that far.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#3]
This high ARMS mount is build at the request of some Spec op team whom conduct close quarter combat on a regular basis.  the reason for it is the high mount have a hollow center which will let you see through it with the back up irons mount to the SIR.  The go fast boys like to mount their EOTech high because the chest mount stance they use in CQB which allow for a fast sight acquisition and fast target to target acquisition.

As far as CO witness, i don't place too much on it, since i always transition to my secondery if anything fails on my rifle.  but co-witness is a nice feature to have.  Co-witness does not increase accuracy, it is just a back up solution for when Murphy pay you a visit.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top