Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 12:20:28 PM EDT
finally got my M2, seems "way cool" i think its gonna take some time getting used to the two eyes open way of using it. two question with my arms m68 mount,

first the ring dosent clamp down all the way touching the bottom of the ring, is this normal? its screwed down all the way but there is still a little space.

also when engaged the m68 on the sir the quick release isnt exactly quick, its so tight i need pliers to undo it, is that normal?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone? anyone?

bueller? bueller?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
There should be some space between the clamps to ensure a tight hold on the sight itself. Just be sure you've tightened both sides evenly.

I don't have a SIR, so I can't confirm if the tolerance you're experiencing is out of spec, but I'd doubt it. My hunch (& it's just a hunch) is that they've intentionally made it tight to allow the interface to seat in a little during the 1st few times it is mounted & dismounted. I'd contact ARMS about it, just to make sure.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The tighter the better IMHO! I just sent my #23 foreward grip in for replacement, because when it was locked up there was fore/aft play along the rail. Others (maybe 1 or 2?) have experienced this on the Surefire M900s. My 22M68 locks up pretty tight and I am glad it does.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
No ring caps ever touch the bottom ring, if they did, the rings couldn't hold the scope, hance a space is required on all make rings.
Jack
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Spartan,
I have the same set up. When I first put it all together, it was really hard to secure the throw lever in the "locked" position too. However, once some of the coating on the SIR rail and/or the M68 starts to "wear"...it will loosen up. I take my Aimpoint on and off all the time...so that whole repeat zero thing is a blessing. Don't worry...it's just like a new pair of shoes that's all.

Mickey
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top