BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 4:41:42 AM EDT
Anyone have experience w/ this scope:

Weaver Grand Slam 3.5-10x50 Silver Finish, Dual X Reticle

I'm needing somthing similar and SWFA has them for $299.  They rate them favorable compared to the Leupold Vari-x III/
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I recently purchased the 3-10x40 Grand Slam. I put it on a 20" A3 Bushy. For the $$ this is the best scope I have used. I'm not a hunter so I can't comment on performance in low light conditions. But on the bench this scope is GREAT!!

It has extremely bright and clear optics from side to side, top to bottom. Has a great single ring focus, no locking ring. I did the 4 corner test and it tracks superbly. Windage and elevation adjusting knobs are finger turnable and are audibly distinct. I didn't notice any movement in point of impact thru the magnification range.

The reticle would most likely be too thick for long range or varmint shooting. It is a hunting scope after all. I've never owned a Leupold so I can't compare the two. For my use out to 500 yds I am completely satisfied. I paid $239 from Bear Basin.

Shabo
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome value.....very nice optics for the money.  Compares, and beats in my opinion, many of the lower featured VariXIII's.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top