Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 1:35:58 PM EDT
I got a TA31F the other day and I was going to take the TA11 off of my #19 mount and use it for my 31F.  I tried putting the 11 down in the channel of the detachable carry handle and it wouldn't go all the way down.  I wanted to see what the 11 looked like on the carry handle, and to see if it was feasible for me to use it way up there. So, is it supposed to fit on a detachable carry? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It just might be a little tight. Some Marines are mounting them that way
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It should fit. I ran my TA-11 in a carry handle for years. At three yards you will end up holding the donut at the hair line to place the rounds between the eyes. I prefer the carry handle mount but have gone to a flat top with a SIR for some reason.

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#3]
My TA31 fits [i]very[/i] tightly into my Bushy's A3 carry handle.  In fact, I would bet money I could have mounted it without screwing it down and shot several hundreds of rounds before it would have shifted.  A nylon-tipped armorer's hammer should nudge it in but beware - it'll be even harder to wrestle that puppy back out!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top