Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 10:37:24 AM EDT
I just purchased a Trijicon TA-31A and mounted it on a Arms#19s. The mount is a great mount and easy to use but it is way to low. Does anybody know of a similiar mount that is higher? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Low?
It's higher than the TA51.
I'm confused.
Low compared to what?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It's low for me to look through. When I look through the ACOG when it is mounted on the flattop my head and neck are turned over to the right to far. It is uncomfortable to me. Also I don't get a good look through the scope. I mounted the scope onto the carry handle and wow it was like a whole new scope. I could see through it much better, the rectal was clearer and the field of view, exit angle and eye relief were way better. so I was hoping to find a higher version of the Arms#19s. The carry handle is 1 1/2" high, so anywhere inbetween 1' and 1 1/2 would be great. I think that I found the solution in a Arms#54. It says it is for a Eotech but I am told it will work with the ACOG.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
How much higher is the 19s than the ta51?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
They are the same
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
the rectal was clearer
View Quote

You're looking through the wrong end!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They are the same
View Quote

Not quite.
You can't fit an ARMS#40 under an ACOG in a TA51, but it works with a 19s.

whywork, do you find shooting with the irons to be comfortable?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
The arms#54 will do what I need. It will raise the scope up 1 1/4". The irons were more comfortable than the scope. The view through the scope was much better higher up on the carry hadle also. Now I just need to deceide if I want to put it on the carry handle or use the Arms#54 with the Arms#19s. It's a good solution but $200 for mounts is brutal.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Whywork

I am confused - you liked the cheekweld you got while the scope was on the carry handle?

Reticle (if your rectal is clear is because you got yor head up your a** [;D] )

The ARMS #19 ACOG  and #19S  put the AOCG in a VERY similar spot to using irons - you might want to try to push the sight out furhter forward instead of moving it higher...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Whywork thanks for the cheery email.

Maybe your confused because your head is up your ass. People post to get help with certain situations not to listen to people talk shit.

---------------------------------------------------------
Email Generated From: AR15.COM
View Quote

Look at the smiley next time dopey...

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#11]
People who can't spell "reticle" (and, even worse, spell it the way you did), should expect some good-natured ribbing.

I'm with KevinB - chances are good you've got the ACOG [i]too[/i] far back and need to move it toward the front sight.  I'm one of the few people here who find an ACOG on the carry handle comfortable, but it shouldn't be a lot more comfortable to one properly mounted to an ARMS #19s.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Having plenty of eye relief is important.  Especially if you are using a rectal technique.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#13]
       [moon]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I say you get an ARMS SIR and mount an ARMS 38 on top of that and then mount the 19S on top of that and then mount the TA31 on top of that.  If that is not high enough just add another ARMS 38.  It should be pretty comfortable after you stack 2-4 rails under the ARMS 19S. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I think if you, personally, were at ease with it on top of the carry handle, I would keep it there. Thats a but high for my taste, but if you like it, stick with it. Not only is it comfortable for you, but you will have instant access to iron sights. I think thats a much better and advantageous solution than the EoTech mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top