Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/6/2003 6:44:41 PM EDT
Which of these two sights is better and why?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
do a search for "aimpoint" then one for "reflex", it will give you some good info. The general consensus is Aimpoint is recommended, why ? reflex has a tendency to washout with certain backgrounds. I have a reflex II NSN, I like it, but I shoot under good lighting conditions. I will eventually get an aimpoint for my SHTF gun.

In the early days the Reflex was a hot ticket because of no batteries to fail, with the current Aimpoint design battery life is no longer an issue. Both the Reflex and Aimpoint are rugged units.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold my Mepro Reflex shortly after I bought it. From my limited use, the ML2 Aimpoint seems to be a much better sight. I think alot of guys here will agree. Plus, I like red dots.

http://www.isayeret.com/optics/m21/mepro21.htm
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
There are at least 4 threads from the last 3 months covering this.  

There are many problems with the Reflex.  I got rid of mine after getting tired of dealing with the wash out problem repeatedly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both and the reflex is very limited in its capabilities. As a back up I think it is ok.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The Reflex has blue tinted glass this makes it like wearing sunglasses in low light.  Making precision shots becomes near impossible at a distance.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Aimpoint vs. Reflex II... did I just time warp back to 1999?!?!?!

Get with the times man... the proper argument is Aimpoint vs. EOTech! [;)]  
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I must admit, its srt of a sad day. I just sold my Reflex and bought a Comp ACOG. The Reflex was the very first optic I ever bought. And I really like it. Second optic I got was the Aimpoint. Really like it too. For a long, long time I favored the Reflex over the Aimpoint, but at some point, I guess it was about a year or so ago, the Aimpoint won me over as the dot sight of choice. Reflex has well documented and very real issues with some lighting conditions, use with a tac light and a blue tint. You can learn to manage most of these issues with some practice and creativity. Despite being battery operated and requiring to be turned on, Aimpoints are much easier to use.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Aimpoint hands down.  I was in the same boat as New-ARGuy, I end up trading all my reflexes for Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#9]
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=190376]Here's an ARFcom shooters perspective on [i]his[/i] reflex.[/url]

I have two.  The first one I got was a first generation 4moa sight that I bought for $70. It came with a flattop and a goosneck mount. An excellent deal.  My current reflexII (triangle) is worth a little more because it's much newer, so I'm selling it.  Neither one have given me a problem except when I'm aiming from a dark area into a brightly lit area, at which point I deploy my BUIS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top