Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 2:36:26 PM EDT
I have heard some say that if Trijicon made a hollow triangle they'd trade their donut for it.  Isn't the chevron just a hollow triangle without the bottom line?

With either reticule which bullet drop scale is most accurate for a 16" flattop firing 55 and 62 grain: the .308 or the .223 version?

Is amber or red better for the BAC feature?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The .223 version. Go to the optics forum on the AR board. BDC info by Bartholomew_Roberts is tacked at the top. If this is that forum, you'll know I use active topics!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! (Got your IM too)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The line on the chevron is thinner than the 1MOA thickness of the donut line.  I find red to have better contrast.  Other opinions vary.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I find the donut to be just a bit easier to pick up than the chevron; but the more I use the ACOG, the less I notice the difference.

.308 reticle is only good for 68gr and higher rounds. It doesn't match the 55 and 62 at all.

Opinions differ on red vs. amber. I like red better myself; but it is purely a personal preference based on how different people's eyes pick up the colors.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#5]
in GENERAL, and all things (training and familiarity) being equal, the eye will tend to center the reticle of an optic on a target under quick-shooting conditions.  with the chevron, if it's supposed to be zeroed with the point of the triangle right below/on the target, you'll be shooting high if if center the 'center of mass' of the chevron on a target under stress etc.  at close ranges, that may or may not be an issue.

cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top