Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 6:51:07 AM EDT
Further to my earlier thread about OKO cowitnessing on an OLY upper, I got my BSA on target while waiting on the OKO to arrive. Now I have another little problem. I got my ARMS #40 and Bushy BMAS front flip sight in and installed.

There is no verticle adjustment on the ARMS sight. While still breaking in the barrel (one shot, clean, repeat) I was hitting about 8 inches low at 25 yards.

I don't have a front sight tool, so I jimmied the front sight as best I could - but my question is - how much adjustment is there in that sight? Do I need to try to file down that front sight or will it turn down several turns?

Without the tool, I don't know how much that sight will turn up or down. Any advice?

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Using the nose of a bullet (the GI way) or a needle-nose pliers, and you should be able to turn the front sight as needed. If the front post bottoms out and you're still shooting high, then you may need to file the top of the sight post.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top